Garant – Free Online Demo
Legal information system for your company.
Simply click on the button «Start working» and the system Legislation of Russia in English will be available for unlimited time.
On January 24, 2023, the Duma approved, in the first reading, amendments to the Law on Digital Signatures. Participants in the financial market will be allowed to delegate powers using digital signatures. The Certification Centre of the Central Bank will issue verification key certificates to all subjects of the national payment system, to persons and entities that provide services in the financial market, self-regulating organisations operating in the financial market and self-regulating organisations involved in providing services in the financial market.
The procedure for currency export from Russia is the following:
- export in an amount exceeding the equivalent of 10,000 US dollars (at the exchange rate as of the date of export) is temporarily prohibited;
- if the currency of different states is exported simultaneously, each currency should be converted into roubles, and then the total amount should be converted into US dollars;
- the export of roubles and cash in the equivalent of up to 10 thousand US dollars is not limited.
- if roubles are exported along with the foreign currency and the total amount of cash exceeds the equivalent of ten thousand US dollars, then the entire amount is subject to declaring.
It is planned to adjust distribution for 2023 among the regions of the quota for issuing to foreigners arriving in Russia on the basis of a visa, work permits, including by professional qualification groups, and invitations to enter for the purpose of performing labour activities. However, the quota reserve to be reduced.
The RF Government has regulated the issues of online admission to universities as part of the admission campaign for the 2023/24 academic year. The process of submitting documents for online admission to a university has been simplified: certain details that previously should be finger-tipped will now be uploaded automatically. New state information systems have been additionally connected to the service "Online admission to universities". Among them are the following:
- "Physical Culture and Sports" platform, that is resource containing information on children with outstanding abilities;
- an information system in the field of volunteering activities, etc.
Achievements in these areas allow additional points for entering a university. For example, they may be obtained if the applicant has a GTO badge (Ready-for-labour-and-defence) or won the All-Russian Olympiads.
According to the schedule approved by the Federal Service for Supervision in the Field of Education, all-Russian review testing for schoolchildren studying in institutions of general education to be held from March 1 to May 20, 2023. The specific dates for each class and school subject to be determined independently within the period established by the schedule.
It is informed that starting from January 18, 2023, the Bank of Russia will set the official exchange rates of the rouble against another nine foreign currencies. These are the UAE dirham, Thai baht, Vietnamese dong, Serbian dinar, New Zealand dollar, Georgian lari, Indonesian rupiah, Egyptian pound and Qatari rial.
Thus, now the Central Bank of the Russian Federation sets the rates of 43 foreign currencies against the rouble.
Until the end of 2023, votes belonging to persons from unfriendly countries or to persons who are appointed from among the candidates nominated by persons from unfriendly countries may not be taken into account when determining the quorum and voting results on the agenda items. The provisional decision-taking procedure applies to Russian companies that simultaneously meet the following conditions:
- the company operates in the area of energy (including electric power), mechanical engineering or trade;
- the controlling person or beneficial owner is subject to foreign sanctions or restrictions;
- persons of unfriendly countries own no more than 50% of the amount of the authorised capital of the Russian company;
- the total revenue of the Russian company for the year preceding the year the decision was taken exceeds 100 billion roubles.